Thursday, August 23, 2012

My loving man


Dew…My husband Dew.  What can I tell you about him?  Let’s see, he was born and raised in South Florida.  He moved to my neck of the woods in 1987 or so.  We saw each other a few times but never met until I started to date his roommate.  We would stay on the phone until the wee hours of the morning while the roommate/boyfriend was at work.  We went through a lot of different stages in our relationship. There would be years that I hated him and his sarcastic ways and then years I would long to see him and his long shiny hair (it was longer than mine J).  I then began a relationship with someone else and Dew moved in with his girlfriend.  We would still end up at the same hang outs and parties.  If our “significant other’s” were not there we would always end up making out somehow.  We even made out in his bathroom during a New Year’s Eve party.  So we finally dumped out baggage and decided “It’s you and me babe”.  We got married in 2004 while our family and friends watched. 

He is an automotive technician and is very good at what he does.  He doesn’t always like it but it is what it is.  We like a lot of the same things; we both move music, we love to go camping, to the drag races, and inviting my huge family over for the holidays.  He rides a motorcycle and we like to jump on it and ride to the coast and take a swim.  Dew is the kind of guy that will sneak into the bathroom, make a bubble bath with a glass of wine and then come to tell me; “Your bath is ready”.  He is really good to me and we laugh A LOT.  He has a great since of humor and can sing like a bird.  He is also the kind of guy that will watch football until he falls asleep sitting up, that drives me insane!  I’m sure there are plenty of things about me that annoy him but he needs to keep that shit to himself.  I ain’t trying to hear all of that.  We are a match made in heaven, I think.  Others might think differently but this is my blog and what I say goes, right?
 
Hugs,
 
Char~
 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Isn't it great to have a great man that supprises you with things. My husband and I are always having fun together. If our husbands didn't do things to annoy us then we would be bored. :)
Stevie

Unknown said...

Aww you guys are so freaking perfect together. Great post!

My Life Between Naps said...

Husbands...what would we do without them ;)

Post a Comment