Monday, August 20, 2012

It's all about me


Let me tell you all about me.  I was raised in North Florida where I had a pretty uneventful life.  We lived in the country and were 20 minutes away from the closest “big” town, which seemed it was days away when I was little.  I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters; I am the baby of the family.   My parents were married for 45 years when my father passed away.  I was a quiet and shy child that had a freckle face and slender build.  My youngest sister and I would spend hours outdoors; some of those hours we would play, the others we would fight.  I always felt awkward and out of place but that got better as I got older and I realized I had it going on!  When I came into the teenage years, Mother Nature was very good to me J  I had no problem’s finding a date or boyfriend.  I hated school and couldn’t have cared less about my grades or attendance.  Unfortunately I dropped out of school when I was 17 and joined the working world.  I worked in the food industry until I was 22 or so then I was onto the secretarial world.  I met my husband when I was around 18 years old.  He was my boyfriend’s roommate.  We were friends then enemies then friends again then the best of friends then lovers.  We were rarely apart from one another.  At the age of 25 I found out I was pregnant with Bub.  I was sooooo scared and Dew was sooooo happy.  He would have married me that day but I didn’t want to be the chick that got married because she was pregnant.  On the day that he was born our lives where changed forever.  The change was huge but the happiness and love you feel is so much greater than the change.  Such a sweet baby boy we were blessed with.  Two years later I was pregnant again, I was around 3 ½ months along when I miscarried.  I had just begun working for the University of Florida as a secretary.  I signed up to take the GED test and received my high school diploma when I was 28 years old.  I was content with my job but always felt that I needed more.  Four years after Bub was born I was pregnant again!  We welcomed precious Nan.  Such a small, beautiful girl.  I am now the webmaster and event coordinator.  I love my job, for the first time in 14 years, I actually love my job.  I started taking college classes in 2010.  I am going for my A.S. in Web Technologies.  It will take me awhile to get my degree since I cannot possibly attend full time.  So, with a husband, children, work, school and a home to take care of…I am tired and need a nap. 
Big Hugs,
Char~

0 comments:

Post a Comment