Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy, busy, busy…

I am over being busy.  I work and go to school Monday through Friday and the last few months I have had booked weekends also.  I would like to have some time to do nothing.  I mean absolutely nothing.  Sleep, eat, watch movies, whatever. 

This weekend the hubs and I are taking a little vacation from the world.  I’m excited but even this little getaway seems like a lot of work.  Lol  Packing, shopping for stuff we will need, yada, yada, yada.  Oh well…It will be relaxing and romantic.  The place we have rented is right on the water and it’s secluded.  I can hardly wait!

So my baby boy “Bub” will be 16 in less than a month and I am just torn over it.  I mean I am thankful that he is still alive and aging but I know that the countdown to an empty house is on.  He will not move out at 18, he’s not that motivated.  But, one day a young lady will make him hers and they aint living with me!  For real…I don’t think (never say never) I would ever let him move a girl into my house.  I think that if a man is man enough to have a relationship then he should be man enough to have a place for them to live.  We will see. 

Nan is doing great!  She recently obtained a 4-wheeler and let me tell you…she is running that thing ragged.  She is such an amazing blessing to us.  I can’t even begin to tell you how much joy she brings my family. 

Dew has planted an amazing little garden full of tomatoes, cabbage, onion and brussel sprouts.  He has also started a herb garden on a palate.  Every night we have fresh herbs in whatever we are cooking.  YUMMO! 

I think that is about all that is going on right now…

I’ll catch up with you all later!

Hugs

Char~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your life, so I can live vicariously through it lol. I love fresh herbs!

The kids seem to grow up way to fast, don't they? Seems like yesterday they were itty bitty things..

Anonymous said...

Hey Char,love this post,hope you and hubby have a wonderful,happy,romantic getaway,yall deserve it.
Love what Dew planted in the garden,yall will be eating fresh veggies soon.
And I can't tell you how excited I was to read about the herb garden in the palate!!!I have chased this idea around in my head for some time now,if you could take a pic,I love for you to share.I want to try this,is it laying flat or standing up,I've seen several in bloggy world,I don't have a green thumb but I love to think it will turn green one day,so I keep trying,teehehehe.Would love if you could upload a photo.Thanks
Jo @ LoblollyLane

Stephanie said...

Hey Char,
WOW! You have been busy. I love reading your blog. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I feel you on leaving the nest. Even though mine are only 10 and 8 I am still not ready for them to be on there own and independent. Sometimes I wish they were still real small. Have a great week.

Post a Comment