Monday, October 22, 2012

Southern Autumn Air


“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Oh how I love Anne of Green Gables.  If you have never seen it, it is a must!  It is a PBS special that comes on once a year.  Make sure you watch J
 
 
There is Autumn in the air.  It feels amazing.  The sun is shining, there is a cool breeze and the birds are chirping.  It’s time to start making chili and maybe squeeze in one more camping trip before it gets too cold.   We love to drink latte’s (decaf of course) in the evenings and breath in the crisp air while sitting on the front porch.  I will open my bedroom window and just stare out at the pecan tree as I drift into a nice nap. 

I have mentioned that I live in the South where Northerners say it is summer all year long.  I love summer, spring and fall … winter, not so much. It doesn’t really get -0 cold here but I still hate it.  I hate 20o mornings.  It depresses me so. 

Ok, Ok…I won’t go into any sad thoughts of winter. 


Do you have any seasonal rituals that you and your family enjoy?  Please share!


Hugs~

Char

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your visit on LoblollyLane(southeast Georgia),please come back real soon.
I'm already looking at new recipes to try on yall!teehehe.

Autumn/Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year,I agree it's great big pots of chili,enjoyable cool evenings and mornings,so lets just open up them windows and take more restful peaceful NAPS!!...enjoy girlfriend.

Post a Comment